I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Saturday 2 November 2013

October Mini Challenge

My 104 photo group on facebook often has weekly challenges with a theme, sometimes I play sometimes I don't often I pull out a photo from the achives that suits the theme. It is a bit of fun and a way of sharing photos. For a change in October our illustrious leader introduced a new challenge, 13 photos with a themes chosen by members - I chose Old/Rustic/Broken. There was rules with this mini challenge  - all photos must be new, only one from the archives. 
The List with my photos

1. Peace/Piece
 My Piece of Pie....bring peace to my lips....but not to my hips



2. Rustic/Old/Broken
This old tractor was discovered on the side of the road at Maleny


3. Creative Blur

A macro shot of a fly that was biting my leg - the blur was created with photoshop.


4. Light & Bokeh



5. Bikes and Cars

I am not 'in to' cars, I thought I may stuggle with this one and end up taking a boring photo of my car. Then this car was parked outside the local shops


6. Macro

One of my favorite flowers fuschia, there is a reflection of the stamen in the water drop 


7. Clouds

Most of October was very dry with no sign of clouds, the first time I saw clouds I quickly took a photo


8. Spring

Jacaranda = Spring, this image was taken at 5am at work. I purposly aimed for this time of day, before the flowers were crushed by walkers

9. Obsession


This was always going to be a no brainer, I am obsessed with my camera. This is a BTS shoot from the Angel series


10. Random stranger - talk to them and attach their story in comments.

This is Sharon, she is a part owner in the coffee shop at Maleny, this shop has been open for about 3 years and has a good turn over. She was embrassed about having her photo taken so wouldn't look driectly at the camera. She has been a barista since she was at school and had to borrow money from her family to go into business. 


11. Faces


This is my from the archives shot, these faces are messy and ful of fun


12. Negative Space

HWMBO wanted to check out the new walking track on Ngungun, I was lucky there was a girl on the top happy to pose for my photo

13. Rivers/Lakes/Oceans

Beautiful afternoon at Bribie island, lots of families enjoy the weather.


This month the photos will be judged and a prize given to the winner, the judge will be someone who doesn't know any of us. (I am guessing the prize is a slight boost to your self esteem....this is the usual prize)

Only 3 more sleeps until I go to Darwin, I am packed and ready to go and now very excited

No comments:

Post a Comment