I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Thursday 8 November 2012

Death by Chocolate

Kit Kat Lasagna

A few weeks ago I saw a post on Facebook, a kit kat lasagna...it looked wickedly decadent, totally fattening and delicious. Daughter #2 is having her first 18th birthday party on Saturday. I figure she has booked a jumping castle, there is no alcohol and all girls this would be a good birthday cake.

I turned all this


into this



Maybe not all of it....the dish was as big as I thought it was, there was almost half of everything (except the chocolate melts) left. I didn't use the maltessers ***these are my favourites, they have been saved for when the chocolate fairy visits me***

Layer 1


Wafer biscuits - I could have used kit kat but didn't think the extra chocolate was required

Layer 2


Crushed chocolate honeycomb, using a zip lock bag and a meat mallet is the quickest and cleanest way of crushing anything I have found.


Layer 3


Melted white chocolate (this is to represent the cheese sauce)

Layer 4 


More wafer biscuits

Layer 5 


Mini Marshmallows

Layer 6


Melted milk chocolate 


Layer 7


Smarties


Layer 8

More melted chocolate





 Layer 9


Pop rocks  (A Heston Blumenthal favourite)


Final layer


Kit Kat


I am hoping none of the girls go in to a diabetic coma after eating this - I will be sure to give them a piece to take home with them - only so it is not left in my house! I have just lost 15kg....I don't plan on putting it back on with one desert!


2 comments:

  1. I need to work out how to make this 'gluten free'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not great at checking for comments...it still surprises me that anyone reads my blog.
      If you want to make this gluten free, just find lollies and chocolate that are gluten free and layer them, pouring the chocolate while it is hot melts the lollies and honeycomb slightly and makes it even more yoummy

      Delete