I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Friday 4 January 2013

Anniversary

This week marks 23 years together with Hubby, we came together 3 January after year of being 'just' friends. Today he is still my friend but also my lover, my husband, the father of my children and my rock.

April 1990 I moved to Melbourne to be with him, leaving my family and friends in Queensland, 3 months after moving to freezing cold Victoria we had tickets for the theater to see Les Miserables, this was the most amazing stage performance I had seen (still is). HWMBO had booked a hotel room in the city and had arranged for  dinner to be served when we arrived. Over casual dinner conversation when talking about visiting my family for a holiday he said he would prefer to go on a honeymoon rather than a trip to my parents. This was his way of asking me to marry him. I think I cried for hours. (possibly only minutes) I had been in hospital the week leading up to our theater date, I had tried a new face cream with nasty results - big red blotches, I was also not in the most romantic of moods and looked like shit yet he still wanted to be with me for the rest of his life. 

We have never had the chance to see Les Miserables live again for a 'do over' so this year as we celebrated our 23 anniversary by seeing the movie. OMG this was the most amazing movie, I was expecting good things as there had been no bad reviews. What I didn't expect was how amazing it would be. I have never been to the cinema when there has been total silence, there was no rustling of chip packets, no soft talking, no coughing, no phones - followed by choruses of 'turn it off' only the soft sniffles and occasional nose blowing. The most amazing thing about the quiet was the group a teenage boys sitting in the row in front of us never moved or fidgeted. They were as engrossed as the rest of the audience. You know it is a good movie when applause breaks out at the end. It was a 4 tissue movie for me and I knew the story. I am looking forward to going again.

I heard a review of the movie on morning television, I will take some creative license with my retelling as I was getting ready for work when I heard it.

A friend took me to see a foreign film, something miserable,(not a good way to sell me on it). They must have been giving the tickets away, coz there was a huge line up. I was surprised to see Wolverine singing in the first scene too Gladiator! Then Cat woman did something and had to get her hair cut off. Wolverine spent the whole movie being chased by Gladiator (while singing). Borat and the witch from Harry Potter were annoying Wolverine and the brat from the Abba movie (the one that proved Piers Bronson couldn't and shouldn't sing). It finished with a huge fight, a happy ever after and more singing.

I hope the movie wins the awards it is nominated for, I loved it.

This is a picture I found on the web, a copy of the illustration used for promotion. 



No comments:

Post a Comment