I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Sunday 3 February 2013

I did it again

I won January's challenge in our Flickr group, it was supposed to be an easy one to start the year - sunrise/sunset....but wouldn't you know it there was crappy sunsets - I never got up early for a sunrise (I tried it once and didn't like it much). Before the challenge had be posted I had decided I would start taking photos of the Glasshouse Mountains, I want to get shots that are not common and not taken from the same spot every time. I had a great shot of Mount Tibrogargan at sunset....but I posted to the group the week before the challenge was set.

Mount Tibrogargan


I tried a few spots at a few different times and was a bit nonplussed with my results. After being sick for a few weeks and then the rain came, I was feeling the pressure to get a photo in so I looked at the ones I was not that happy with. HWMBO stood over my shoulder and pointed at one and said that's the one to use. So I tweaked the colours - mainly lightning the foreground. I liked the photo enough to use as my cover pic on Facebook so did a lot of my friends it turns out, when I announced that it had won...no one but me seemed surprised.


The prize 'A sight boost to my self esteem'.... that's the official prize, for me it is a large boost. This is the winning photo and another few I have taken this year. I will not give up on my mission to get some good and different shots of my mountains.

Winning photo Mount Coonowrin and Mount Beerwah

Mount Coonawrin 

Mount Nugungun 



No comments:

Post a Comment