I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Monday 8 October 2012

Back to work


Back at work today…. Mega sad face

I hated leaving my puppy knowing it would be 10 hours before I get to see her again. ***last night she slept down stairs, by herself. I took her to our bed room like normal but she wanted to be on her own – what! Do I snore?***

While I have been away, they played with my stuff, I thought I was getting a new computer...NO they upgraded the ram in the one I have and changed the network. I have been unable to access any of my programs, files or the printer most of today. When I rang the geniuses in the IT department I was told to try restarting my computer 3 times – apparently this would help the upgrade. HEY guess what? It didn’t work…

I did get a new printer...I am keen to see what how my photos print. 

4 hours later a tech came down and tweaked a few things that tech people do and hey presto, I have my computer and files back. I know in theory I should be catching up on all the work not done while I was on leave but I think as I have done nothing yet, why start now.

I deliberately came back to work on a Tuesday so I wouldn’t have to work a full week. Imagine my surprise to find out I have Friday off as well. Nothing like easing back into work slowly, the sucky part about it is I have to work on Sunday then work a 7 day week.  Oh well. I did get a letter from HR telling me I need to book more holidays before the end of the year or I will be on leave from the first week back at work. Another opportunity to book a month off next year – when I go to Chile…


Funny how some thing don’t change no matter how long you are away… and I am not sure why I expected differently. All the invoices that have come in during my time away are stacked up beside my desk to be processed. FFS these companies want to be paid! No staff have been booked for additional work and there are fricken dishes in the sink...some still there from before I went on leave. (I cleaned up the day before I left)

I didn’t think I would have a photo to share today, then remembered #2 got a onesie yesterday, she thinks it will keep her warm in the UK next year….I think she is fooling herself. It will just be the top layer of many clothes.

Most people who have seen this photo aske WHY? easy answer - coz she can.


I am very lucky to have beautiful daughters, even luckier that I can use them for modelling practise. One day soon I am going to get a few of #2’s friends to practise on at the beach or somewhere not my backyard.









No comments:

Post a Comment