I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Wednesday 17 October 2012

Teacher's Pet

I have been called the teachers pet twice lately. Once by the teacher himself and once by Kitfox when he found out Andrew called about a secret spot for wrens.

The good thing is I know they are both joking, but it got me thinking how this is the first time I have ever been the teachers pet or even a favourite. At school I did my work (mostly) hung out with my friends and tried not to get in too much trouble. I am very out spoken and often loud mouthed, so when I go to training courses and workshops I try to keep to myself and not question everything. (I have been known to leave halfway through training courses rather than speak up because the trainer was an idiot who didn’t know what he was talking about). I get a little buzz when I think of it.

Actually when I think about it, Andrew didn’t so much call me teacher’s pet, he implied if I wanted to be teacher’s pet, I needed to edit his fat gut out of this photo



When Andrew told me about his secret spot for variegated wrens, he gave me a detailed map and told me he left an arrow out of wood pointing to the bush he though they were nesting in, having spent years in scouts and bush walking I expected a few twigs on the ground discreetly pointing to a bush…. This is what I found. Serious case of LOL!


Kitfox and I had been out trespassing before visiting with Andrew, there is an abandoned farm house at Obi Obi that we have talked about exploring so decided to actually do it. What an amazing place, the floors were paper thin where the termites have been at work, the kitchen still has the old wooden stove and cutlery on the sink. There is an old TV, fridge with rotten food inside, a mop and an old cassette player. I have not got any photos ready to show yet here is a link to one Kitfox took. I didn’t want to rush the editing of these photos. 

Andrew and I went to the secret (Lake Barron) spot to look for his wrens late yesterday afternoon. NOT a wren to be seen….I got the blame for this, because every time I go out the Andrew I cause the birds to fly away, the clouds to disappear on a sunset and third world poverty.

I did capture a beautiful pale headed rosella and a beautiful silhouette of a kookaburra with 2 noisy miners. No photo shop at all in this image.






I did put another one on FB, I had been too heavy handed with the editing, lucky this was pointed out to me with in minutes of posting and I could remove it…I would hate for the Photoshop police to get me…..funny how those that say they are against Photoshop and editing photos always like my photos where the photo shop is obvious, like my self portrait one and this one of #2.



I am slowly getting used to being back at work and have almost caught up on my back log (this would happen faster if I didn’t spend so much time on blogs, facebook and flickr)  

A few weeks ago I took some photos of my colleagues daughter and gave him a copy of the 10 I thought were the best at the time, he knew I took 100’s of photos so ask for more, when I looked at the originals I was pleased to see how many more were worth editing…it helped that she loves the camera and is beautiful and friendly.


No comments:

Post a Comment