I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Friday 28 September 2012

WINNER.....

Yeah  ME....my self portrait photo won the monthly challenge for our Flickr group. Not only did it win, it won convincingly 29 points to second place 13 points.



It was judged by my peers so it may not be technically a good photo, I know a bit of my PS work is sloppy ***this is coz I am so new to it and basically lazy*** 

I am going to take nice photos of my girls and try very hard to get one of HWMBO and create the same photo with photos of the girls hanging up to dry, I will then print and give to Mum and the Monster in Law (MIL) for Christmas 
       ( Side comment -  gave MIL a photo last year of the Glasshouse Mountains, she asked my niece who studied photography if it was a good photo - then complained that it was not of her grandchildren like she expected. If she is not happy this year she can go to HELL)

Yesterday #3 and I went to Australia Zoo, I had asked a few other people to come with us, but as it was school holidays it put most people off. As I have been there a few times in the last 2 years it wasn't that exciting, I much prefer to have visitors to show around. Still #3 and I had a nice day together and she worked on her camera skills.

I really missed having my Chilean students with us as they were always so excited to see the Australia animals. There were a few baby koalas, I will post my photos on Facebook and tag the girls to ensure the see them.

baby wanted to play Mum wanted to sleep - considering koalas sleep 18 hours a day this is not uncommon

Taken though a thick glass wall - luckily relatively clean of finger and face prints


Tonight the girls and I are going to Riverfire - fireworks and music added to the laser lights, the finale of Brisbane Festival. I bought #3 a tripod and was pleasantly surprised at getting $15.00 discount (on a $40.00 tripod) I also printed my 'award' winning photo. to show the family who are coming tomorrow.

I am playing in PS at the moment to see if I can make some boring animal photos interesting..(not gunna get anything finished today - may revisit this post next week.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment