I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Saturday 6 April 2013

Photo shoot in the water

I have 3 wonderful daughters who are not afraid to dress up and help me when I have an idea for a photo shoot....most of the time. (# 2 will only help if no-one will see her). I love that when I proposed an idea to # 1 involving getting dressed up and getting wet and she said yes with out hesitation. 

I originally thought about a bride walking through the water dragging a bouquet of flowers, sort of a jilted bride, it is going to the a bad ending sort of photo.  
This perhaps would have worked if I had a better dress, the one we used was a $5.00 white dress from the salvos, it was seriously ugly. All the photos were overexposed and looked silly. Lucky I threw in a red cape that I made for a vampire costume a few years ago #1 put this on over the white dress and walked into the water, the red was a stark contrast against the white of the waterfalls and the green of the rainforest. I am very happy with the result of this photo shoot and think I could do it a lot better, the material of the cap was too shiny. I have been after an excuse to make another cape so I will make a royal blue one out of a better material - not the cheapest like I did for the costume.

#1 wears glasses all the time, so I too the opportunity to get a portrait of her with out them on. This was a very hard photo to edit because she didn't look 'right' with out her glasses. I am blessed to have such beautiful and obliging children.
# 3 has now done the workshop with Andrew and hopefully she will be my partner in photography. I have told her if she has any ideas for set up photos I will help her put it together.  This could be a lot of fun.

A few of the photos from the water. Any feed back would be good.









No comments:

Post a Comment