I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Too much to do not enough time

I have had so many photo shoots in the past few weeks I have not had time to edit my photos... this is a problem I am very happy about. I have found that I usually get  edit a few photos as soon as I can, then never go back. Last week I decided I need to finish one set of photos before I work on another. Even if it takes me a few days....weeks.

I completed another goal of creating my Facebook site and registering for a Domain name. I am now www.rozbannanphotography.com. I need to build the website....after I finish HWMBO's (for the record I have done 4 pages for him and I have set aside all day Saturday to work on it. The sooner his is complete the sooner I can work on mine) My Facebook page is Roz Bannan Photography,https://www.facebook.com/RozBannanPhotography?ref=hlI was so thrilled to get 50 likes on the first day...of course it has slowed down since, all in good time. 

I often say I am distracted by shiny objects and will often find ways to avoid doing the job at hand, this weekend I thought I would get my photo for the Flickr challenge done, this month themes are Toys and Winter Up Close. With a $10 budget I hit Kmart looking for the perfect toy, I got 2, a dragon from a game called Skylander and a Ballerina doll.

I still did not have a plan as to how to photograph the toys or even if I used them together, HWMBO came suggested I use the doll as a pole dance.... 20 mins later he made me a dancing pole. As this the Flickr group is a diverse range of people, some young and some old I thought I better keep it a bit PG, so he made a balance bar as well. After  editing a few different poses with the doll I went the the family for their favorite. As normal no-one could agree and the best one for the competition, I made a collage of the three most popular.
It was a fun afternoon and NOT what I had planned.
The secret life of toys

I felt this guy was lacking something so didn't even consider him for the comp


The only other photos I have to share this post, is a red belly black snake. I love snakes and will always take the opportunity to handle them if I can. This snake is deadly...I was glad I have the zoom lens and even then I was shaking. I emailed these photos to the Sunshine Coast City Council and was very please to be asked if they can display them and use for educational purposes at the park.