I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Thursday 10 October 2013

A donation to diabetes

As mentioned in my last post, my Kit Kat Lasagna blog has gone viral, I can use that term now because my picture was found on a random Facebook page. Their post had been shared 81 times and there was hundreds of likes. Should I be worried that my picture has be 'stolen'? I am not, I am flattered that so many have seen and enjoyed my post...I laugh at the comments about diabetic comas and sugar overdoes, I mean seriously who would eat more than a small piece.

This is the Facebook post.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=606508372721976&set=a.138297449543073.15422.123636001009218&type=1&theater


At the risk of everyone thinking we are a sugar addicted family I am going to share #1 daughter's post about the lolly bag cake she made for   #3 Daughter's birthday in June. This cake was so awesome and sweet, it was funny how all the flavors sound so gross yet work so well together.



http://experiment-cook.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/the-lolly-bag-cake.html

I have been busy the last two weekends with groups of fellow photographers, there was a macro day with my flickr group at Ewan Maddock Wetlands, this was a learning day for me as I picked up the macro lens only a few hours before we met so it was learning on fly. I know this form of photography will take a lot of practice before I am happy with my results. It is a good thing I like to practice.






I have recently joined a group of photographers on the Sunshine Coast - Artists Behind Cameras, it is similar to a camera club, with out all the rules, committees and BS. It is a group of like minded people who meet once a month and share pictures, ideas and arrange outings. I have only been to one meeting and one outing and they seem like a good bunch of people. Last Saturday #3 Daughter and I joined them on the 6th Annual Scott Kelby World Wide Photo Walk. Details here

http://worldwidephotowalk.com/

Our walk was around Maleny, this is a small country town in the Sunshine Coast Hinterlands. I spend a bit of time in this town so it was not very appealing to me... I joined in the fun and helped #3 with her settings and composition. I took a few photos I was happy with and even entered one into the competition. Chances of winning.....slim and none. It was a fun day, I look forward to more outings.





No comments:

Post a Comment