I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Thursday 25 October 2012

Boobs and iPads

I am not sure what was worse yesterday, getting my breasts handled by a stranger or setting my mum up with an iPad….

It was time for my biannual mammogram, not something I look forward to, yet it is something I endue. Having a stranger manipulate my boobs, then squish them in a cold machine is not my idea of a good time. What I find most annoying is the mindless chatter…I get that you are trying to put me at ease and make me relaxed…  HELLLLOOO you are squeezing my boob, I am not going to relax anytime soon, I really don’t care about your day/kids/dog.
Lucky it is a quick procedure now over for another 2 years.  For any male or person under 40 who reads this blog, this is what happens (obviously this is not me in the photo, it is a random picture I got of the web)



The ipad set up for Mum was a lot longer and more mentally painful, a few weeks ago she brought a Samsung Galaxy tablet, wanting to read books and surf the internet, stupidly the only way to get books on the Samsung was to buy them through the apps. This didn’t work for us as I already have a heap of books on my PC that Mum hasn’t read. After 3 weeks of reading on line forums and articles, going back to the shop and asking for advice it was not possible to add books to this tablet without purchasing them (or downloading the free ones most of which we have already read over the years)

We took the Samsung back to JB HIFI, expecting to get a bit of grief about  not being able to exchange for another product because we changed our minds…I will say that I went with a bad attitude because I expected the worst. I was pleasantly surprised to find that all the staff were helpful, understanding and happy to help, it was funny when I started to explain why I wasn’t happy with the Samsung, I was stopped while the cashier called for someone from ‘tablets’, someone from ‘IT’ and a manager. He then explained that I would not have to waste time explaining it again and again. What a smart move.

The Samsung was swapped for an iPad with the only question being asked ‘Do we want black or white?’

I was silly not to get the iPad for Mum in the first place, it is a much easier device to use, once the passwords and email were set up and I showed her how to down load apps (I didn’t attach her credit card so she can’t do anything silly) all was good and she wanted me to leave so she could play her games.

It has been almost 24hours since she started to play with the iPad and I have not had a phone call asking how to do something…..this is a good thing.












No comments:

Post a Comment