I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.

I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.

Wednesday, 26 September 2012

Carnival of Flowers

Towoomba celebrates the Carnival of Flowers every year and every year I say I will go and see it...this year I did, my friend RaRa offered (maybe offered is too strong a word, more like agreed) to let me stay with her. 

RaRa spent 2 days sticking feathers on a 7ft chook, on a float for the parade, it looked amazing. I helped out by stuffing pot plants in to  holes on the sides of the float. ***just quietly they where a bit disorganized***

After hours of waiting around and heaps of walking the parade was ready to start - I was like a little kid it had been at least 20 years since I last saw a street parade. There were floats and vintage cars, dancers and street performers, kids and adults even horses and dogs. I took heaps of photos and waved and clapped with the rest of the crowd.

RaRa left me to explore Toowomba while she as she had work commitments, I walked for hours (wearing totally inappropriate shoes) I went to the carnival site where we had taken some slow shutter speed photos the night before (not very happy with the result as there was too much light)

I caught a train to the Food and Wine festival and watched Fast Ed cook some caramel for a very fattening desert, the afternoons music was good and the crowd was small. After a bite to eat (Hungarian Lagos - I have only ever seen this at the medieval fair before, I love it and was quiet happy to ignore the fat content - I had been walking for hours) I made my way back to RaRa's, she lives very close to the center of town - however the walk back was a killer - I also knew I was going to have to do this walk twice more!

A shower, a nanny nap and a cup of coffee later I was feeling refreshed and ready to start over, with a friend of RaRa's we walked back to the food and wine fair  - food and wine two of my favorite things, I was a bit bossy about the wine ***having just been to Stanthorpe where most of the wines were made*** so I let the others choose the food - YUMMMO, PHAT burgers - with horseradish. The crowd was much bigger - not a seat to be found. We listened to Ross Wilson - who was very good, followed by the headline act Mental as Anything (they had a few hits in the 70's and 80's) they were not so good - they played for over an hour before they did any hit songs, between songs Greedy Smith (the lead singer) tried very hard to be funny - he wasn't. My feet were screaming in agony on the walk home (we left before the band finished).

Not a good nights sleep, RaRa's 14 year old son had a mate over and they talked and gamed all night...I thought maybe they fell asleep about 5:30am everything went quiet. No they went out to get Maccas for breakfast.  This didn't stop them having a second breakfast of bacon and eggs when we got up.

Flowers, butterflies, ladybugs and photos what a good way to spend a Sunday morning, if my feet didn't hurt so much I would have loved the day. 

I am not very happy with the result of the photos I took, I was using the macro lens and I think I had my aperture to small so the focus was too narrow. Here is a few that I think turned out OK.... there were thousands of photos taken (OK hundreds)