I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Sunday 7 October 2012

Last Day of Holidays

How did this happen!

I have to go back to work tomorrow! I have been enjoying my time so much I could get used to this staying at home capper. It has been so good to do what suits me, when it suits me. 

I have packed as much as possible into the last few days (except today I have to pick up #1 and BF from the airport, what she doesn't know is she is taking me to lunch after).

Early morning bird shooting with Kitfox on Friday resulted in so good photos of my favorite birds. He has shown me a great spot with lots of wrens. I am not sure I am keen enough to go out on my own though. I don't really have a lot of patience to sit and wait for the birds to come to me....I also have the attention span of a puppy. (and I am just as easily distracted). Lucky I have good friends who will help when I am after bird photos.





I have had a photo shoot with a very talented friend of #2's, she is studying dress design at TAFE and has created some very nice dresses. 




HWMBO and I went out for dinner going to our favorite Japanese restaurant on the sunshine coast. it is a small cafe type place that has great service and great food. The price is also very reasonable.

Saturday I 'worked' for Andrew (the guru). It is so not like working, I get to tell people how to use the dials on their camera for 40 mins, spend a few hours taking photos or doing what ever I want before meeting the group to work on the practical side of taking photos. This takes place at the Maleny Showgrounds - purposely chosen for its boringness. However on Saturday we had a visit from a red belly black snake. Half of my group ran to take its photo and the other half hung back scared. I wish I had my camera with me. I love snakes....the snake was actually a good learning tool for those who chose photos. NONE of them checked their settings so all the photos were over exposed.
I got a few flower photos...none I am really happy with. Wrong time of day for photos and not a great spot for variety.



Saturday night was spent drinking red wine with the neighbors until very late in the night. Always a good time.

With Bathurst on the telly all day I decided to take my non hangover to the last session of Andrews workshop at Baroon Pocket Dam. I was hoping for a magic sunset to get an awarding winning photo to finish my holidays...no such luck. I did get a few I was happy with.



My time will not be my own soon...I am going to miss my camera, my laptop and photoshop. I wish I could think of a reason I need it installed at work.





No comments:

Post a Comment