I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Wednesday 24 October 2012

Old Farm house

I had the most amazing day exploring an old farm house last week. I have seen this house a few times in my travels to Kenilworth for bird photos and Kitfox has mentioned that he would love to explore inside one day…

The one day came, we jumped the fence and made our way cautiously through the house, the termites have been busy and most of the floor was paper thin, I found the best way to move around was close to the walls.

I was amazed at how much was left in this abandoned house there was a fridge, TV, cassette player, cutlery, even toothbrushes. It looks like the owners just walked away. A few people I have shown photos to say there must have been squatters using the house…I wonder about that, the TV and fridge need power and running water for the bath and sink. There is no water on the property that I could see and a free camp ground less than 2km up the road next to a creek and toilets. I still think the owners walked away, leaving the telly, fridge, cupboards and anything else that was unimportant to them, perhaps there has been squatters and trespassers who took other things that were left…who knows.

What I do know is I went back on Sunday with RaRa and someone had moved things. ***funny story, RaRa was a bit freaked out being in the house, every time a car went past she froze thinking it would be the owners or the police, we didn’t stay long because she was freaked, however she got worse when we returned to the fence to climb over, on the way into the property she stood on a log (like fire wood), when we came out it was gone. She was so worried because someone came while we were inside. Me I thought perhaps the other people who came  between my visits, saw my car and thought I was the owner and they had better move their log as it showed where they climbed the fence***






















No comments:

Post a Comment