I mentioned in the last post that we were doing a bit of renovating...The two most important things have happened. I got a new oven, it is so good, gas cook top (with a lid), an electric grill that doubles as a small oven and an electric fan forced oven. The very first thing I cooked was lemon meringue cup cakes - because I could. It was so nice to have them cook at an even temperature not having to rotate them every few minutes to stop burning, then I make a beautiful roast chicken with vegies and gravy. SOOOO yum.
***Inset photo of old oven here***
New Oven - I love the extra bench space the lid creates
Lemon Meringue Cupcakes
We also got our lounge suite recovered, this was a very hard decision to make as we could have spent just a little more and gotten a brand spanking new one. The reasons we chose to recover not buy new are,
- A lounge suite with 2 recliners and a sofa bed was $1500 more than recovering (no sofa bed on $550 more)
- The mechanism on our recliners is no longer made and is less likely to fault like the new model
- The quality of our furniture is very good, nice thick timber, new products made out of thinner ***inset cheaper*** timber - not as long lasting.
- New (reasonably priced) furniture is imported and a lot of the foam is treated with formaldehyde - the use of formaldehyde is banned in Australia but not in our imported products go figure...
- I am supporting a local business
The two most important reasons I chose to recover not buy new
- The environment, anyone looking for a second hand lounge suite would not likely spend the money on revamping our old one if the same amount of money buy new.
- We bought this lounge suite because we liked it and it was comfortable - it still is and I still like it.
***waves frantically at UK Student , Hi miss you***
The finished product...I love it