I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Thursday 19 July 2012

Weekend with RaRa

What a weekend

Saturday saw me driving my Mum and her Bestie to Toowoomba to start a 17 day bus adventure to Cape York….remind me not to spend 2 hours with my Mum as a passenger. I think she thought I was a learner driver as she was telling me when to indicate, when to change lanes and was consistently checking my speed on the highway, (I don’t think she understands the concept of cruise control)

I invited myself to stay with one of the JPEG’s – RaRa was one of the first graduates from Andrew Goodall’s Photography Essentials workshops and a very active member of our Flickr group. She takes every opportunity to come to the Sunny Coast for photography get togethers so I knew she wouldn’t mind.

She dragged me along – OK – she asked me to come to a Postie Party…Huh! Postie is party plan clothes, RaRa has recently be come a consultant. As I was a tag along and knew nobody I was the willing model, bad move for my credit card. It is easy to say no to clothes hanging on a rack – harder when they are tried on and look awesome. I was good;  only bought a leather jacket (on discount) and a tunic.

We planned a sunset photo session after the party – but Mother Nature had other plans RAIN……After a wonderful dinner of Mexican we played in RaRa’s studio (her lounge with backdrops and lighting) It was my first time with external lights/flash and if I do say so myself the result is pretty good.

Rachel and the attack cat Frank, beautiful cat who doesn't like his photo being taken, one shot in 20 that he was not struggling to be free.
We have two photography challenges for this month – last months winners challenge is Repetition and Andrew’s Challenge, Cozy. I have a plan for the repetition so we played with the cozy idea. RaRa and Frank made beautiful models and the studio lighting enhanced the photo. After  trying to convince 2 x 14 year old boys to pose for us, with limited success  we sat and talked for hours.

Maple tree in the middle of the lake

It was so cold, we were the only ones at the park until about 10am
A much better day on Sunday, the sun actually came out! We visited the Japanese gardens looking for repetition, although I have a plan I am always keen for new ideas – my plans do not always work. Beautiful gardens with not many people brave enough to come out on the cold morning (my hands were like ice). Some nice photos…but not the money shot!

On the list of 104 photos is a stone church, Toowoomba has 2. We visited St Patrick’s Cathedral and together we braved going inside as well – both admitting after neither of us would have gone in alone.  RaRa got her repetition shot at the church, I am very pleased with my results….Have I mentioned how much I love my new camera.
I loved this church, we were a bit surprised that there were no services mid Sunday morning 

Unfortunately I had to leave Toowoomba at 11am as much as I wanted to stay, but the Chilean students and host families had a BBQ planned at Mooloolaba, I was only 3 hours late… some of the crazy girls even went for a swim. Mucho loco (ha ha I can do Spanish) I arrived in time to get a few photos, including one with a very amused bride. After a busy weekend we finished Sunday night with fish and chips and an early night!

No comments:

Post a Comment